Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Pretty in Pink"- Decorating with pink paint

I'm sure you have heard the phrase "pretty in pink". Well YOU can be pretty in pink too, when you surround yourself with pink in your home. Pink is very personal, and probably not the first color people think of using in decorating, except in a  little girls bedroom, which is where we traditionaly see it used .

I have been doing a lot of reading on color lately, and it has changed the way I think of pink.  Before writing this post I would have said I was not a "pink person", but I found a picture of a very cool chair done in pink ( a hot, vibrant, fun pink) and fell in love with it! It opened my mind to all the different ways you can use pink. Keep reading and maybe you will realize you can be a pink person too. (I was so inspired by writing this, that I even painted my toenails pink!)

In my last post I talked about the color red. Although I (and many others) love red, it's not for everyone. Pink is an option for those that feel red is just too bold. It is a watered-down, softened red, a modest "blush", a "glow". The lighter shades of pink are pleasing to use in interiors, because it is warm and flattering.

Light pinks are described as innocent, soft, tender, romantic and cute.

Dusty pinks are perceived as soft, cozy, soothing, romantic, subtle , yet sophisticated.

Bright pinks are seen as exciting, happy, hot, trendy, attention getting, energetic, youthful,
fun and spirited. These pinks can be dynamic and powerful. Extroverted individuals love brilliant pinks. Which pink is the one for you?

Here's how and where to use pink in your home:

Bedroom- It is a perfect color for the bedroom, it is soft, cozy and romantic.

Bathrooms- Another room where pink works well, because of it's warm flattering effects.

Living and Dining Rooms- Use pink in prints and patterns, or choose rosy, clay, or mauve tones.

Kitchen- You can have fun with pink in this space, especially active, hot pinks! You can use it as accents in your linens, glassware and art.

 If you love pink, you tend to be less showy than a red person. You are soft, romantic, gentle, refined and are upset by violence. You are talented, but not overambitious. You are more contemplative, more cautious. People are drawn to you by your charm and warmth.

So if you would like to be "pretty in pink" and explore how to get a design that reflects you, contact me at erinkent75@yahoo.com

Also see "Pink Shadows" and "The pinkest pink" post for examples of different shades of pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment